Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Back of 'My Beautiful Backside' Sofa Looks As Good As The Awesome Front


This gorgeous (but, I have to admit not altogether comfortable looking) sofa "draws upon a miniature painting of a Maharani sitting on the floor of her palace, surrounded and supported by multiples of pebble shaped cushions." Which is interesting to me because when I saw it I thought it was inspired by old TVs and radios that you saw in the U.S. in the '60s and '70s. In fact, I also thought the awesome design on the back was a take-off on either an old TV test pattern or radio signal. But either way, it's a gorgeous piece with a unique shape and loads of unusual details. It's called My Beautiful Backside and comes from Doshi Levien.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is indeed an interesting piece of furniture. It's actually not my style at all, but I do like it a lot. And yes, the backside is beautiful. You would have to put the sofa in the middle of the room so you could see it from all angles.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home