Friday, September 02, 2005

felt. rocks.



I'm going to tell you about felt rocks, then I have a question for you. First things first, though. These, um, creations, are formed through an industrial process related to the wool felt buffing pads used to polish optical discs (you know all about those, right?). This apparently involves being continuously packed and hammered while steamed. (Sounds like my first marriage...I tease, I tease.) This leaves you with a felt rock between 4 and 8 inches across made from the purest, highest density natural felted white wool. (I'm taking this all from their promo material, by the way...no real idea what it means.) Each is unique, and you can get them in sets of three.

okay. now. tell. me...
The real reason I went through all that is not so much to tell you about felt rocks (although that stuff about hammering and steaming is pretty cool) but rather to ask you...what in the world are these good for? They're on the Molo site and usually these guys (or girls) make kick ass products that I understand and know what to do with. My only clue here is they show a picture of a young girl playing with some strange object while sitting among some of these rocks. Since all their other stuff is related to design and living, I feel like they're fair game for Funfurde. But what do you do with them???

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depending on how much they cost, they'd be perfect as building materials for children. I can see a kid making a wall with one of those, or throwing them. Because they're wool, they'd be safe. I'd love to build a soft sculpture playhouse out tof these- even for myself.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But if you touch them, they won't stay white long.

Kai Jones snippy@pacifier.com

9:13 AM  
Blogger Jay V Mail! said...

i wanna get a million of them and make a FELT FORT!!!!!!! XD

4:28 PM  
Blogger LeisureGuy said...

Use it for a more comfortable refutation of Berkeley.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

I asked and they cost 240 bucks for a set of 5. I agree that they wouldn't stay white for very long, so they should like, stay in a fruit bowl as a decoration or something. I'm trying to figure out how I can make my own...

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna put the link up as must-have (might still do so) I want a million too!!.. but hell, 240 for 5 ..
If Charlie finds out how to make em, i'd like to know too :)

D.

or visit jay v in his felt fort

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home