Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kenny lamp is made out of knitted wool...sort of


It doesn't say so on his site but David Taylor's Kenny lamp almost certainly has to be an homage to Kenny of South Park. The light is sheathed in knitted wool which makes it look like the bulb is wearing a little parka hood, just like Kenny of South Park fame. It's an interesting effect and one that makes Kenny stand out among the table lights of the world. And I mean that in a good way. It also makes Kenny a little anthropomorphic. I'd swear he's looking at me...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this. I want to get one!

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Kenny's getting around. You are completly right about the Parkside connection, I made Kenny in 2005 and was a big fan of the show at the time. Kenny now lives at the Eskilstuna Museum of Art. You can see more of my work at:

www.superdave.se

/D

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home