Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Floor Perch is made out of felt, glue and awesome


Ben Mickus sent me a note about his Relief Chair, which is made out of felt and will very deservedly be featured in the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum's upcoming exhibit Fashioning Felt. Naturally I wandered over to his site to check it out, and it's indeed gorgeous. (Go look...I'll wait.) When I took a peek at his other projects though I immediately fell in unabashed lust with his Floor Perch. Maybe that's because I happen to be in the market for an end table with an unusual shape and some nice nooks and crannies and this fits the bill...but it's probably just because it's absolutely stunning. It's also a multi-use piece of furniture that will work as a table, chair or pouf.

Like the Relief Chair, Floor Perch is made out of sheets of natural wool felt that are glued together with a non-toxic adhesive, making it environmentally friendly. The inserts are aluminum.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous renee said...

I agree this is AWESOME.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home