Friday, June 25, 2004

mystic. sink.

I was browsing the archives of the excellent site MoCoLoco when I came across the Mystic Sink. I can't pick an adjective to describe it, but some that come to mind are: Stunning. Dramatic. Amazing. Jaw dropping. Beautiful. Gorgeous. I could go on, but instead I'm going to just go with an exclamatory "Wow!" for now.

not. practical.
Of course, this isn't a very practical sink. It's 50" long but only 14" wide, and a shallow 4.5" deep in the "deep end." And, you know, the faucet isn't very near the drain. It's clearly not meant to be a primary sink, but would go great on an island bar if you have the room.

practical. schmactical.
I'll be honest, I don't care if it costs $1,755.00 or that it's not remotely practical as an everyday sink. I'm willing to work around its eccentricities. I'm willing to suffer for the sake of art. I want one.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just started reading last week (BoingBoing had linked to you...), but this is far and away the coolest thing I've seen on the site. Where can I get one???

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home