Thursday, August 26, 2004

disney. faucet.



I'll be the first to admit I'm not a big Disney fan, but when I came across this Disney bathroom paraphernalia on the Kohler site, it made me smile.

subtle.
What most impressed me about the Disney Collection is that it doesn't scream DISNEY! at me the way a lot of their stuff does. I mean, 4.5 seconds in a Disney store is enough to drive me insane. But I think the Disney faucet, with its cut-out Mickey ear, is absolutely elegant. And the mouse ears in the sink blend in beautifully with the bubbles. And it's a vessel sink, my absolute favorite kind.


toweling. off.
Well, two out of three ain't bad. The collection also includes a towel rack, paper holder and robe hanger (i.e. hook), all made out of ceramic Mickey hands. These are rather on the garish side. Which is to say, they make me want to rip them out of the wall. But I'm pretending they don't exist.


eisner's. cut.
Of course this is Disney, and that means Michael Eisner gets a cut of everything you buy. In this case it's $575 for the sink and $447 for the faucet. At those prices, you could save money and just take a trip to Disneyland.

5 Comments:

Blogger ladygoat said...

There are a lot of Disney items, particularly in the parks, that are more subtle. I love that faucet, though at that price, I don't love it that much.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I'm not sure if these count as furniture, but they do sell them...

http://www.metronaps.com/index.htm

8:02 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

pretty cool furniture and stuff (accessories?) you're presented on here. after looking around a bit, I don't see anything about you or the blog itself. You remaining anonymous I can understand, but what motivated you to start the blog?

um, not because 'that I simply cannot comprehend' :) just out of interest.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Raging Red said...

I hate to be obscene, but the faucet looks too much like a flaccid you-know-what for me.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is neat. I didn't even recognize it right away, but then it hit me. It took me a while to find the second disney item... the bowl.. sink... thing. But yeah, I agree, the hands are a bit much.

And I think raging red might be a bit sensitive ;)

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home