Tuesday, August 10, 2004

performance. vip. club. chair.



If you call a product the "Performance VIP Club Chair" my feeling is you better deliver something that lives up to that name. I haven't actually sat in these chairs, so I can't comment 100%. But based on all the other home theater chairs I've seen and sat in -- and I love home theater chairs -- these look about eight times better than most. They're from Irwin Seating.

stylin.
Home theater chair style is, for the most part, still in the dark ages. Typically they're puffy, squarish and have cheapo drink holders implanted in their arms. The Performance VIP has some puff and square to it, but it's sleaker than most and looks even better in a two-tone covering. It also has real wood tray tables, which are good not only for drinks but also popcorn and remotes.

head. above. the. rest.
What really tells me this is a good home theater chair, though, is the headrest. Sure, you want something that will support your head, but you also want something that won't block surround sound. The VIP has solved that nicely.

price. point.
I haven't found the price point for this chair, but if past experience is any help, I'd expect that point to fall between $1,500 and $3,000. Of course, if you have a home theater that's big enough to put a bunch of VIPs in, you can probably afford that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home theater? Looks more like it's built for a lap dance.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

*raises eyebrow at Anonymous* What kind of theater, home or otherwise, have you been visiting? I think it looks like a wonderful chair for an upscale theater.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I hope those platforms pull out, you can't even fit an entire bag of chips on there!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home