Thursday, August 19, 2004

travelland. river. table.



Based on the theory that rivers are relaxing, Oliver Beckert thought it'd be nice to put one in your house. But, you know, a river can take up a lot of space, so where to put it? At this point Oliver kicked his feet up on the coffee table to have himself a think and...eureka! If the table has room for feet, he thought, it's got room for a river!

maybe. not.
Okay, maybe that's not what happened, but I'm not sure how else you get the idea to put a river in a table. However you come up with the idea, though, it's a pretty good one. Just looking at the Travelland River Table makes me feel relaxed, like my stress is just flowing away...

sticker. shock.
...until I see the $4,320 price tag that's attached to it. Ouch! I'm pretty sure I can buy an actual river somewhere for that price, and the plane fare to travel to it if it's not near me.

Note: Since I have to go look for that river, there probably won't be updates until Wednesday.

4 Comments:

Blogger HD said...

That is truly one of the coolest tables I've ever seen!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That table is sooo cool. I bet I can convince a friend of mine to make one... Nice find!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

That table is cool.
What do you think of this one ?

http://www.endon-house.demon.co.uk/sophieani3.gif at
Lee Sinclair MSDC designer & craftsman
http://www.endon-house.demon.co.uk/

7:18 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

It has 5 different uses that I've seen first hand.

Long coffee table, short coffee table, short TV dinner table , long table for 4 in the kitchen and a painter's easel.
The cost is around £600.

BTW, this is a funky site. I've been browsing for a while.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home