Wednesday, August 25, 2004

solitaire. chair.



Alfredo Haberli is a pretty smart guy, and he's also a pretty good designer. He realized that people sitting on a chair might need a table to go with it. Maybe they'd want to just put their drink on the table, but maybe they'd need to write on it too, or put their laptop on it. So rather than design a chair and then designing a table to go with it, he designed the Solitaire, which is both at the same time.

smart. seating.
I saw the chair while browsing the Offecct site, so never having sat in it I can't say how comfortable it is. But I'm assuming you can either sit on it with your legs forward, in the traditional manner, or with your legs under the table part. Cool, huh? Yeah, I thought so too. With all that functionality, though, the design is still straightforward and clean.

one. thing. missing.
The only thing the Solitaire is missing is a price. I couldn't find one online. I mean, I know it's got to be expensive, I just don't know how expensive. For now I'd just assume that "how expensive" equals "very" or possibly "very, very."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

price here:
http://totemdesign.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SW-O-SOL-G2&Category_Code=MFGR&Store_Code=TP

(its $$2,215.20)

man, i like that chair. the fact that it has a swiveling base is just gravy.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I can imagine these without a swivel base, propped up one after another against the walls of a subway station. It'd be a nice place to sit and surf the internet (on an open wifi signal) while waiting for the train. Mmmm, the sweet smells of future and hobo's...

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm...pretty. Well, I can maybe buy one if I sell my car. Then I can sit in it and think about all the places I need to be.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Yensil blogs again! said...

THAT belongs in my dorm room!!! Maybe I'll just keep riding the El instead of getting a car....

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw this in red too here:
http://www.landliving.com/articles/0000000336.aspx
very cool!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, I have one in orange. Bought it directly from the Offecct fabric in Tibro, Sweden

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home