Monday, January 10, 2005

tierra. y. luna.



The Tierra Y Luna is (are?) a pair of round rugs woven to look like the Earth and the Moon. The Earth is a hefty 98.5" in diameter and the Moon is 47.25". Not quite to scale, I imagine. Made of virgin wool if you're wondering.

nerdishly. cool.
Part of me thinks the rugs are terrifically cool and part of me thinks they're terrifically nerdy. If they weren't priced sky high (get it? heh.) I imagine a lot of NASA folks would be getting these for their birthdays. As is I'm picturing this as something you might only come across in Paul Allen's personal observatory. At $2,354.80 for the Earth and $707.60 for the Moon he could afford a lot of them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Combining nerdy with cool is a specialty of mine. I love these rugs and shall be asking for them for my birthday.
--Bz.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home