Sunday, August 08, 2004

bulbcaps.



The Bulbcap is (you know it's coming) a bright idea. It's a little rubber sheath you put over an unsightly bare lightbulb to turn it into a slightly more sightly, slightly less bare bulb. It comes in colors, and can safely be used on bulbs up to 40 watts. (I'm studiously avoiding going for the easy joke here...I just want you to know that.)

simple. concept.
The Bulbcap is a simple but elegant concept. I wonder, however, how big the market for this product is, since I don't have many bare bulbs in my house and neither do any of my friends. But it's something I'd expect to see selling well at IKEA, so subconsciously I must think there are a lot of people who need these.

pricing.
I assume Bulbcaps are pretty cheap, but the only sites I can find them listed on aren't in English, so I can't swear to it. Also not sure what U.S. availability is.

Follow Up: These are carried in the U.S. by Friend, who say they only have a few left and they cost about $18.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nati said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

25 Swiss Francs, which looks like about 20 bucks a pop. They're dreamin'.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks nice but who as 40 watt lightbulbs?? If they had a 60 watt or 100 watt version then i would consider taking off some lamp shades if it gave a cool color effect.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Janelle said...

Yeah, I don't have any 40 watt bulbs in my house, they're all 60 and above so I'd probably end up melting them all over.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I buy the bulbs?
http://www.cosmopolitangirl.co.uk

9:15 PM  
Blogger wanderlust junkie said...

Interesting concept, but a little too pricey. I'd like to get one myself, tho ---the blue one matches my sofa bed. hehehe.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw these at the SFMOMA museum store awhile ago. I immediately wanted to get a bunch, until I noticed they were $18.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what if you use high efficiency light bulbs with the rectangular shape?

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home