Thursday, July 15, 2004

turnaround. chair.


The only thing that moves on the Turnaround Chair is the backrest, which swivels freely through 360 degrees.  What possible good could that do anyone?  Let me tell you...
 
front. to. back.
You know That Guy who always sits in the chair the wrong way, draping his arms over the back?  Hint: In the office he's the overgrown, obnoxious frat boy.  In the movies, he's usually the bad guy (who often assumes this position while gloating over the captive good guy).  This chair was made for That Guy. 
 
galoot. decorum.
Normally it's not considered polite to sit in a chair back-asswards, but That Guy won't have to worry about getting on the wrong side of Miss Manners as long as he's sitting that way in the Turnaround Chair.  It's what he's supposed to do.  They even made the backrest so it doubles as an armrest, so That Guy won't look too galootish when he does it.
 
okay. really.
Okay, maybe the chair wasn't made specifically for That Guy, even if it is well suited to him. Officially the manufacturer, Nienkamper, created the chair for "settings where people interact and socialize, such as meeting and breakout rooms, cafeterias and waiting areas."  I.e., it's not a 9-5 seat, but it is a fun seat.
 
paying. for. it.
Since That Guy will probably end up sitting in the Turnaround Chair, get him to help pay for it.  It starts around $1,100.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah cool blog

6:21 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

Hey, do you supose they will discount the chair for people who have kids? Seat belt them in, get some giant wheels and away we gooooooooooooooo! ;-) ...thanks for the coffee this am, always love it with sugar! :-)

6:23 AM  
Blogger adam said...

That chair would be awesome to spin around on, fast and fifteen times, then stand up, stumble, and fall over. It should come with safety cusions.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Glad that Blogger decided to feature you. I cant wait to share this site with my mother, and I have already started saving the pictures to my computer for ideas for the house I want to have someday. Maybe we could build it together, are you single? JK

9:36 AM  
Blogger gaos said...

That Guy I believe I have met on an occaision. That Guy has filled me with an annoyance that is mild. I am glad, with a gladness that is mild, that a someone has caused a chair to be created for That Guy.

For this blog, I give you thanks.

Most respectfully yours.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful site.
Is there any way to trace the anonymous comments people leave me?
I am leaving you one now. This is retaliation for all the anonymous comments I have received, but I really do like your site.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home