Wednesday, September 01, 2004

sticksound.



I bet you think the Sticksound is a joystick, don't you? As if! No, this clever little beast is actually an FM radio.

control.
Well, I guess technically it's a joystick, because you control the radio station search and volume with the stick part. (Which, I must say, gets a high rating on the cool-o-meter.) But it's not, you know, a gaming joystick.

details.
The Sticksound runs on 2 AAA batteries and has an antenna under the stand. Why the stick isn't the antenna I don't know. And somewhere in there is an on/off switch and a little blue LED to let you know if it's on or off. It costs about $50, which is way too much for an FM radio, but maybe not too much for a joystick radio.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

me again,

I have a Lexon 'designed' rubber radio. Amongst its numerous and serious design flaws is an anetnna in the tuning control. Humans are good antennas. When you are touching the stick the radio might be in tune, but as you move your hand away the radio goes out of tune. It makes it impossible to get it in tune, unless you like holding the stick :)

jono. UK

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home