Sunday, August 08, 2004

morfeo.



According to the manufacturer, the Morfeo couch owes a nod to Morpheus, the god of sleep and dreams. Dreams I presume because the couch is dreamy looking and you'll hopefully have wonderful dreams when you sleep on it, and sleep because the couch also unfolds into a bed.

aether.
I think they should also throw in a mention about Aether, the god of light, because of the wicked funky flexible lights on the Morfeo. These are especially cool because I'm always needing reading lights, and Morfeo's dual beam action means I have both sides of the bed/couch covered. When you don't need the lights for reading, you can just point them at the ceiling and you've got a couple of torchiers for atmosphere.

little. info.
I don't have a lot of hard information on Morfeo, like pricing or availability. I do know it's new for 2004, so hopefully we'll be hearing more about it.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone else quickly flash to the XXX Action shots you could get with that kinda lighting? I mean common, I'll be surprized if thats not the first place I see this outside this posting. And you know you were all thinking it to. Admit it.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say, nice blog. I enjoy reading it. Keep up the good work.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Nati said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Funfurde said...

I've been removing posts that are just "come see my blog" links when neither the post or the blog it links to have anything to do with Funfurde or funky furniture. If you'd just like to invite me to visit your blog (and I always will), please use the e-mail on the right side of the page. Comments about things I've blogged, furniture and design in general, or even other sites or blogs that have to do with furniture and design are welcome. Thx.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It reminds me of a big slug.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if anyone out there finds out availability and/or pricing information on this little doozey, mind posting it up here? Can't say I'd mind getting one of these.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of some of the too funked up multi purpose furniture that was the thing in the early seventies. Go tour: http://www.lileks.com/institute/motel/ to see what I mean.
It seems like furniture like this is just a unforeseen disaster waiting to happen. Don't get me wrong though, I love the look and the idea, I am just skeptical about combos like that, in my experience they have been bad in the past.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Kate The Great said...

Great blog. I found it while doing some bloghopping a way back. You have great style. This couch is pretty funky, not so much my style and yes I agree with an earlier comment: I immediately thought of Shrek when I saw it. Cheers.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home